Vacancy - Airport Services Manager [m/w]
|Category / Bereich :||Ground Staff|
|Workplace / Einsatzort :||Hamburg Airport|
|Entrance Date / Eintrittsdatum :||Immediate start|
|Employment Type / Art der Beschäftigung :||Full Time|
|Creation Date / Erstellungsdatum :||8.12.2017|
Brief description / Stellenbeschreibung
- Manage and ensure a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely airport operation so that Emirates’ image, reputation and passenger service levels are maintained and enhanced, as per the criteria set forth by the Company’s commercial, safety and security policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken for providing prompt service to Emirates passengers in all operational areas. Ensure that Service Level Agreements, OTPs and EKAS KPIS are achieved in line with the company standards.
- Implement and periodically review strategy to ensure that EK airport staff fulfils all procedures, standards and instructions as laid down by Airport Services Procedures.
- Achieve the Ground Handling performance targets set by Airport Services such as flight punctuality, check-in standards and baggage service standards.
- Ensure adequate measures are implemented to protect the safety and security of the whole operation including aircraft, passengers, cargo, baggage and all staff. Monitor all aspects of the operation in order to maintain acceptable passenger service standards.
- Lead, guide and develop staff in order to ensure the maintenance of a disciplined, motivated work force and adherence to passenger service and other operational standards.
- Prepare and constantly review local procedures or Diversion/Delay Handling/Disruptions and Emergency Procedures for the reference of both EK staff and those of the Handling Agent.
- Represent EK at appropriate official forums, i.e. AOC meetings, AOC sub-committees, and Working Group meetings and liaise with government organisations, i.e. Customs, Immigration, Transport Authorities and Police.
- Accountable for annual budgeting of revenue, expenses and capital expenditure.
Experience / Berufserfahrung
- Educated up to degree level.
- Qualified to an advanced level in Passenger Services, Ground Operations, Baggage Claims, Reservations & Ticketing, and Weight & Balance.
- A minimum of 8 years’ Airline Industry experience, with at least 5 years’ at a Supervisory/Managerial level in Airport Passenger handling/Operations.
- Proficient in the use of systems, in particular DCS, Reservations/Ticketing and Baggage Tracing/ Reconciliation and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Conversant with Flight Planning and the pertinent aspects of Meteorology.
- Capable of working under pressure in an environment which requires a very high degree of initiative.
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English.
- Candidates must have the right to live and work in Germany. The Company will not assist in obtaining working visas.
A winner of more than 500 international awards, Emirates operates one of the aviation world's youngest, most environmentally-friendly and technologically advanced-fleet of 247 aircraft. Its rapidly-expanding network spans 150 cities in 80 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian subcontinent and Asia Pacific. The airline is an employee-focused company with a commitment to providing staff with excellent working conditions and competitive salaries.
Application / Bewerbung
For further information and to express your interest in the above vacancy please go to the EmiratesGroupCareers.com website to complete an online application form [in English]. Closing date for applications is 17th December 2017. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview.
Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks, please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at anytime and apply for other opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.